"There's one thing that I believe majorly separates us from animals, and that's, we can build things that last beyond when we die...
...and my goal is to help as many people build something that they're happy they've built, and makes an impact."
Tough times don’t last, tough people do. And we must be optimistic and adapt to our circumstances to overcome the adversity that is unfortunately placed upon us.
On this episode of the Thrive On Podcast, we're switching things up and CJ's wife Erin will take her first stab at hosting and interviewing CJ! We always strive to practice what we preach here and we want to show you we are continuing to challenge ourselves and adapt.
Erin did an EXCELLENT job as a first-time podcast host! Here are some things we covered:
- How Thrive got started and why we didn't go with our original plan of starting a non-profit.
- What this coronavirus situation has made CJ realize about his business
- Where CJ is choosing to focus his valuable time moving forward
"I've realized that I've reached this next pillar in the entrepreneurial world where my time is very valuable to those that are in my top close circle...in this next tier, it's more about how can you get three hours per day to yourself to create something that has a year long impact or a year long value for your business."
- What CJ's fears are and how he's morphing them into fuel to get even more focused on his mission
"I'm a human, so I don't think, I haven't really thought that through because I've just been doing, doing, doing, doing, doing, and now that I've had this forced time to step back and really reflect...I need to be honest with myself and say that I've just been scared."
- What motivates CJ to thrive every single day
- The key question to ask yourself to discover your life's work
"Get busy living or get busy dying. I think a lot of people don't think about death enough."
KEY LESSONS IN THIS EPISODE
- The more you grow and the higher you rise, the more responsibilities you have (in a good way)
- If you're human, you're afraid no matter what, but conquering that fear is what makes you the best you can become
- People are willing to do things they don't like to do to try and earn more money so they can buy themselves a lifestyle they think they want, when really we should be asking ourselves how we can thrive NOW
- Ask yourself, what puts you in a flow state? What are you doing when the day seems to just go by?
- In order to figure out your life's work, ask yourself what are the things in your life that have caused you the most pain and that you have conquered
- We need to be celebrating life more while we're LIVING, not after we're already gone
- Continue to stay optimistic and be adaptable
Erin Finley has a Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Texas at Austin. She currently works in Strategic Planning at a high-tech engineering conglomerate, where she supports business leaders and executives assess and manage the strategic direction for a variety of business groups in the global automation market.
On the side, she works as a group fitness instructor in South Austin, where she teaches TRX, Barre and Pilates. Through teaching and her online platform @erin.spiration, she shares her passion for health and wellness with the greater community and strives to be an inspiration for a life well-lived.
SUPPORT AND FOLLOW ERIN FINLEY
Follow on Instagram: @erin.spiration
Visit her website and blog: https://geterinspired.com/about
WORK WITH AND GET IN TOUCH WITH CJ FINLEY AND THRIVE ON LIFE
Email [email protected]
Podcast: Thrive on WIFE! CJ Interviews Erin